JOB TITLE: Group Fitness Instructor
COMPANY: 49ers Fit
DIRECTLY REPORTS TO: Group Fitness Director
DEPARTMENT: Group Fitness
The Group Fitness Instructor (Instructor) will prepare and lead a fun, safe and effective group class based on the class description, offering modifications for less experienced or more experienced clients as needed. The Instructor will represent the club in a positive manner, greeting the clients as they enter and leave class.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Arrive 5 minutes early for all classes to prepare the room and greet clients
- Dress appropriately for all classes.
- Maintain current and correct certifications for your format(s) as well as CPR cert.
- Begin and end classes on time per the monthly schedule.
- Prepare and lead a fun, safe and effective class for all levels of participation based on class description.
- Keep studios orderly, lock stereo cabinet and use a microphone sponge cover.
- Maintain an electronic record of classes taught or subbed, including attendance numbers.
- When needed, secure substitute teacher(s) to cover your regular class or a class you’ve agreed to sub.
- Notify your Group Fitness Director of all substitutes as early as possible.
- Contact the club if you are running late and ask that someone from management notify your class.
- Please teach what is scheduled. If members want something different, let the Group Fitness Director know so a class can be added.
- All written or verbal communication must be delivered in a positive manner.
- Instructors will uphold the brand standards of the San Francisco 49ers at all times.
1. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of safe exercise technique and principles and general understanding of human anatomy and kinesiology.
- Knowledge of group fitness teaching strategies, the incorporation of music, tempo, cuing technique, and rhythm.
- Must possess a high degree of energy and endurance to complete each fitness class and must be physically fit to lead class at the appropriate level.
- Ability to deal with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to communicate and connect with people of all age groups and fitness levels.
- Ability to effectively demonstrate skills being taught to participants and correct participants’ exercises where necessary.
- Ability to provide clear instruction and modifications when needed.
2. Minimum Certifications/Educational Level:
- Current Group Fitness approved certification; nationally accredited fitness certification preferred
- Current CPR/AED certification
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 1 year of related experience
3. Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand.
- Physical effort required for daily duties include lifting heavy weights, squatting, bending, reaching, spotting, and prolonged standing and walking. Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 45 lbs.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)