Job Title: Talent Scout
Company: 49ers Fit
Directly Reports to: Sales Manager
49ERS FIT COMMITMENT
Do your best always to help 49ers Fit achieve its mission and promote and support our Core Values.
49ers Fit Job Descriptions and Service Standards work together to provide team members with a clear understanding of their job responsibilities and service expectations. Together they form the basis from which performance is evaluated.
Talent Scouts play a key role in the club’s and company’s overall success by:
- Achieving and exceeding membership sales and revenue goals and selling ancillary services;
- Contributing to member retention and satisfaction by advising members and guests on programs that will help them meet their long and short-term health and fitness goals;
- Providing members and guests with legendary service and enhancing their sense of belonging and community within the club.
In addition to the primary roles and responsibilities described within, each member of the Talent Scouts Team embraces and follows the guidelines outlined in our Service Standards and plays a vital role in the success of the department, club and company. Talent Scouts must always represent the company while they are in the clubs and must maintain a professional manner in dealing with fellow staff, members and guests. They must display a helpful and positive attitude, and assist other departments when necessary. Talent Scouts are encouraged to communicate ideas on best practices to their leaders as well as colleagues in other departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Achieve financial performance results through the generation of new memberships and ancillary service memberships.
- Achieve or exceed individual membership sales goals by generating referrals, converting inquiries (phone/web) into appointments and following up with and closing prospects.
- Implement and adhere to all steps of the sales process including assessing the needs of prospective members, providing a value-based presentation of the 49ers Fit brand, programs and services, leading an enthusiastic and informative tour, presenting membership/service options and prices and closing sales.
- Help integrate new members into the club by scheduling their complimentary sessions at the point of sale and following up with them as scheduled in InTouch.
- Responsible for meeting weekly and monthly goals and metrics as outlined in individual weekly tracking sheets.
- Responsible for fully completing weekly tracking sheets on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for meeting with GM and SM on a weekly basis to review prior week’s activity and current week's activity. MC should come to the meetings with a plan to achieve their goals/metrics
- Maintain relationships with existing corporate partnerships for assigned accounts. Responsible for participating in events like Benefits and Wellness Fairs, setting up special classes, programs, lunch & learns for employees to attend
- Complete all tasks generated by Club Ready in a timely manner.
- Actively develop leads through a variety of activities including telephone, internet and community outreach and partnerships, corporate visits, referrals and special events. (Expectation is to meet or exceed your personal and team sales goal each month. At the beginning of each month you will create your “Formula to Succeed” based on your personal and the team goal which will define the number of calls, appointments and sales you need per day.)
- Utilize the lead tracking system to manage sales leads and member service and ensure all data related to prospects and members is inputted correctly and in a timely manner. All activity must be inputted accurately into InTouch on a daily basis.
- By the 1st of each month (unless the 1st falls on a weekend then it would be the following Monday) collaborate with the team to create the monthly lead generation calendar with the internal and external prospecting activities, events and targeted call drives to ensure success for that month. After review by the Membership Manager, place all activities in your Club Ready calendar before leaving for the day.
- Before ending each shift, ensure that your Club Ready calendar for your next shift is up-to-date and setup for success.
- Complete and submit all new member paperwork (Membership Agreement, Personal Training Policies, Corporate Proof, etc.) before leaving the club the day the member joins. For phone joins, complete all required paperwork within 72 hours of the join.
- Distribute incoming leads according to the outlined guidelines.
- Attend and participate in Membership
- Team, club and company meetings, member functions, outside marketing events, and the planning and implementation of promotions.
- Know your competition and use that information to make suggestions or changes that enable your club to be “best in class” and achieve results.
2. Create a customer service focused environment that is friendly, welcoming, and supportive, creates raving fans and seeks to provide members and guests with exceptional experiences (see Service Standards for more details).
- Ensure superior customer service by sustaining a culture, through actions and example, wholly committed to listening to members and guests, understanding their needs, and exceeding their expectations.
- Create and deepen relationships with members and enhance their sense of belonging and community within the club by reaching out to “your” members in person and by phone and email. (Check in with members by making approximately 20-member calls per day and connecting with at least 10 of them.)
- Deal with member issues proactively, “own” member problems that come to your attention and solve those issues within a 24-hour period.
- Handle member freezes, upgrades and cancellations, always doing your best to “save” a membership whenever possible.
- Be knowledgeable about your job, the company, and our services, promotions and business practices so that you can provide members and guests with consistent and accurate information.
- Adhere to the guidelines set forth in our Service Standards.
3. Contribute to the effective and efficient running of the day-to-day operations of the clubs and company.
- Work as part of the overall team by respecting, supporting, and encouraging your co-workers, pitching in and assisting co-workers and other departments when necessary, and approaching challenges in a creative, positive, and team centered manner.
- Maintain an active and working knowledge of the company as well as all services and promotions.
- Be proficient in all club software systems.
- Follow all club policies and procedures.
- Remain up-to-date on all individual, department and company communications by reading and responding to all individual and departmental emails and posted signage as well as checking the company intranet often for important information and updates.
- Attend all meetings, special events, education sessions to learn and provide feedback and share ideas on improving and building all aspects of the business.
4. Perform other duties as required. Employee responsibilities are subject to change at any time.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Your daily schedule will vary throughout the week depending on the needs of the club, the staff, and the members. Your hours will include prime time hours and some weekends and holidays. All members of the Membership Team work the last two days of the month. Special events, promotions, and other demands will require some early mornings and late nights.
KEY PERFORMANCE EVALUATION FACTORS:
- Ability to exemplify and live the company’s core values
- Ability to meet department and individual membership goals
- Ability to meet individual prospect and member follow-up goals
- Ability to fulfill essential duties
- Contribution and proactive participation as part of the company’s membership team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)